Thursday, December 11, 2008

First of all, I'd like to say I've never done this before. Second of all, I'd like to thank my family and friends

Well, this is really strange. I'm writing, and there is potentially no one there. Hmmm, it's interesting really, maybe I'll be a new internet sensation. Just kidding though, this isn't Youtube. Youtube was not in my Firefox spell check. I can't believe this. I refuse to believe this. New topic

So I suppose I'm supposed to write about my day right? Well, I guess I could start like this:

It was a cold dreary morning in Saint John. The horizon was barely visible due to overcast, the geese still haven't migrated yet. And its NOT a snow day. This is the third alleged snow day I've been stripped of this week. It's pretty sweet. Psyche! Oh man that brings me back to the childhood. Anyways, back to my snow deprivation. I'm very distraught. I was relying on that snow day to catch up on my seemingly unending to-do list. I don't want to talk about this right now, it's depressing.

So, I destroyed this customer at work today. Totally decimated her. It was the ideal situation, for an over tired, bitter, callous version of myself, of course. I had double scanned her coffee by accident, and after apologizing, told her to go to the customer service desk because the chances of a supervisor heading my way (The opposite end of the store a supervisor should be at during Christmas) was slim to none. She did not like this. In some kind of weird protest, and demonstration of her rights as a human being, she stood there. And stood there. And stood. For well over a half an hour. I was not impressed at this point. She insisted that I call my manager, so I did. And he came. And when she voiced her concern he said, and I quote, "Nope, can't help ya" then proceeded to walk away, with enough smugness to put her in her place, but not look out of line. It was genius, I couldn't believe it. Work was on a constant incline from that point. I love my job.

I'm pretty tired right now, I think I may just sleep. I've gotten into the part of my consciousness where I can't tell if I'm really thinking or just thinking with a few lobes, while the rest of them and the frontal cortex are realizing they've had to much endorphins for the day and are getting the sleep they deserve. I usually negate any thought I have at this point the next day, because they don't make sense. One time I stayed up for some reason or another, and I tried to think of two things at once. My choice of words was egg and toast, a very poor choice when I think about it now, because all I could think about was breakfast.

I'm starting to sound dumb, this is my cue for leave. Catch you on the flip side... Is it weird to say that if I'm addressing no one in particular? I'm gonna roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment