Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm not quite following. Pirates do what?

Hey there, me again. After a long night of track editing, and not enough sleep, I've decided it's time to blog. I would tell you some work story that has no relevance to anything I would ever want to talk about ever, but I'm going to pass this time. Work doesn't exist to me anymore, it's my day off. Don't wanna talk about it. There is no work.

On a more inquisitive note, I watched Fight Club the other day. It was a lovely movie, with quite the twist at the end I must say. Although, I don't quite understand the movie in it's entirety, but I'm sure a few more watches will solve that. Anyways getting to the point, in the movie "The Narrator" that's Edward Norton's character (You never do find out his name, which is terribly annoying, but it does provide a nice sense of mystery, so I'll let it slide) said something akin to "I only come to these meetings because people actually listen to me." To which Marla Singer replies, "Instead of just waiting for their turn to speak." Which seemed very reasonable, I'd never thought about it that way before.

I took the quote to heart and thought about it. Then, the other day I was on the phone with one of my friends, and I realized that I was the same way! I felt terrible about it for the rest of the night. Well, I wouldn't say terrible, but it crossed my mind once or twice. So I'd give it maybe a mediocre amount of caring or maybe something like a 3/10 on the rictor. Actually, I didn't really care all that much. Enough to blog about it I guess. But...regardless of how much I cared, I once again forgot to include myself in Earths demographic. I need to stop doing that pronto. I'm not going to get very far in life if everyone else is a consumer whore and I'm not. So I went out and bought a pair of 75$ ripped jeans and an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, just to feel better about myself. kidding. I would never do that. I'm shuddering at the thought. I wonder how many people shop at Abercrombie and Fitch each year? I bet their revenue is lager than Saint Johns. That's gross. I hate corporations.



No comments:

Post a Comment